Formal Letter

Frida-mel Fernandez Belliard

130 w 183 st apt 3a

Bronx, NY 10453

(347)-874-5470

February 6, 2024

Professor Elizabeth von Uhl

160 Convent Ave 

Harlem, NY 10031

Dear Professor Elizath von Uhl:

Currently, I am majoring in Computer Science at City College of New York. My passion for innovation, problem-solving, and technology is what drives my pursuit of this field. As a girl in a male-dominated STEM area, I am determined to break stereotypes and excel in this exciting and dynamic field. My academic interests extend beyond computer science to include criminology and coding. This semester, I am enrolled in English for Engineering, Intro to Philosophy, College Algebra & Trig, and History & Global Perspectives. Although these courses don’t really complement my major other than English for Engineering I am still excited to learn in my other courses. 

My short term goal is to secure internships and gain practical experience in various engineering domains to enhance my skills and understanding of real-world challenges. My long term goal is that when I complete my bachelors in computer science I will continue going to school to get my masters in cyber security. Outside of academics, I like playing volleyball and softball, reading young adult books, and cooking for my family and friends.I am a visual learner, I believe I thrive the most when things are also taught hands on which helps me comprehend complex concepts more effectively. 

For instance, in coding, flowcharts and diagrams simplify problem-solving processes, making it easier for me to understand and apply algorithms. My career goal is to become a software engineer or a career in cybersecurity which goes hand in hand with my love for criminology. Looking ahead, I envision a future where computer science plays a crucial role in shaping technological advancements and addressing global challenges. Technology is our future and the world needs more people who are willing to collaborate across disciplines to devise innovative solutions to complex problems, fostering a culture of inclusivity and innovation.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes